The new Corona mutant has sparked great controversy and great concern among citizens, after it was officially announced by the World Health Organization, which is known as the EG.5 or ERIS mutant, especially after it appeared in 50 countries including China, the United States, Japan, South Korea, and Australia. And the United Kingdom.
New Corona mutant
Given health experts, the new Corona variant, for example EG.5, can spread faster and may be more contagious in some countries, in addition to the fact that its symptoms are recorded a week before the survey is conducted to detect the Corona virus, and this condition is known as pre-coronavirus. Corona or the incubation period of symptoms, anyone infected with the new mutant EG.5 appears, but the result of the Corona test is not a result until a week after the symptoms appear, as the Corona virus region is monitored with more fatigue and worsening symptoms.
Symptoms of the new Corona variant
Health experts pointed to the signs and symptoms of the new EG.5 coronavirus variant, which are not much different from the symptoms of previous coronavirus variants and strains, including:
- Fever, which is considered one of the most common symptoms of infection with the new mutated coronavirus, and the body temperature usually reaches 38 degrees Celsius.
- Shortness of breath, especially during physical activity or doing some activities that require more effort.
- Dry cough, whether continuous or intermittent.
- Feeling tired, stressed, lacking in energy and uncomfortable.
- Muscle pain that leads to more discomfort.
- Sore and itchy throat and then feeling pain.
- Congestion and runny nose.
- Loss of sense of smell and taste or any effects on them.
Treatment of the new Corona variant EG.5
It is worth noting that, earlier this month, the pharmaceutical company Pfizer announced the effectiveness of its anti-coronavirus vaccine on mice against the new coronavirus variant EG.5; The new dose of the Corona virus, which is being tested against emerging variants, showed neutralizing activity against the Iris variant, in a study conducted on mice, according to Reuters.
Health experts advised that people with serious diseases such as heart disease and diabetes, and those over the age of 65, should wear masks, as they are more susceptible to infection with the new Corona variant EG.5.
You can also learn more about protective devices from here